Mobile phone owners like the convenience and ease of connectivity, but rue that they can be interrupted more easily, have to pay the bills, and face bad connections.
Some 85% of American adults now own a cell phone of some kind, and these devices mean many things to their owners: an always-available link to friends and family, a pocket computer, or a time-saving tool -- even an actual telephone. When asked to describe in their own words what they like most about owning a cell phone:
- 17% of cell owners say the best thing about their phone is that it is convenient.
- 12% like the ability to call or talk with others at any time.
- 11% like that their cell phone can help them get assistance in an emergency.
- 9% say that using the internet, email, or apps is the best thing about their mobile phone.
- 8% cite the ability to connect with family.