- Focus group participants in our research, across all racial backgrounds, strongly believed that a person's mindset or motivation was a major factor in explaining whether or not that individual can overcome adversity. Tweet
- Most Americans believe our nation has made great strides in eliminating racism, but it is still difficult for them to talk about race and prejudice – especially the structural nature of racism. Tweet
- The best way to build empathy for young men of color is to appeal to audiences' identities as parents and adults who care about the well-being of young people. Tweet
- When your goal is to change hearts and minds, it is essential to illustrate your case rather than argue your point. In other words: Show. Don't tell. Tweet
- At the beginning of every focus group, we asked participants to show us on a scale how hopeful they were that we could make a difference in the lives of young men of color. Tweet
Special Collections are curated collections of research that addresses a specific topic or research question.
Knowledge Centers are a custom service of IssueLab providing organizations with a simple way to manage and share knowledge on their own websites.