Presents a case study of how a district improved third-grade reading proficiency rates and narrowed the achievement gap, in spite of growing English Language Learner and low-income populations, by implementing an integrated early learning strategy.
- Observation: Establish a clear and compelling district-wide goal that maps back to early learning.
- Observation: Craft integrated district-wide early-learning strategies to meet the clear and compelling goal.
- Observation: Align early learning programs and services with the integrated K-12 strategies.
- Observation: Balance teacher support and accountability to ensure effective and consistent implementation.
- Observation: Innovate and monitor for continuous improvement.